Thursday, March 29, 2007

The Family project

I got this little gem from the art center library that was selling out-dated books that no one would have a use for except for freaks like yours truly. 50 cents is what I bargained for, I think. This book was made by time-life under the guise of objective socio-anthopology/ethnographic/whatever type of viewpoint, except that it was made in the early seventies, so obviously full of shit and biased. In any case, I was hoping this book could give a good study on the essence of family and how society pushes every one to live up to a certain ideal. I don't have much, but I wanted to go for a ghostly sort of family portrait/olan mills gone wrong sort of feel. so far it's been a year, and I still haven't come up with much...


3 comments:

Aye, Ngapa Mudhiya Uth said...

sound's interesting. Just think, those were the ideals you're parents were surrounded by just before having you. You could also paint portraits of real people, and charge them.

yukie hirashima said...

i remember we had discussion about the person on the left was the mother or their oldest brother, or even their sister...

verdadverde said...

funny I was just about to tell you the mother looked like the oldest sibling hah!