Monday, July 2, 2007

fun sketches




So when Meg and I went to the south pasadena public library, we decided to buy some old books for 25 cents each to use as sketchbooks. This one here is some japanese novel that's small enough to fit in my purse and has thin thin bible-ish sort of texture for the paper. I thought it might be a good idea to integrate some of my sketches with the spot illustrations that were already there so I came up with these three beauties... yes I know, don't be jealous of my inherent genius with the paint marker and pen. The one with the bikini is a self portrait.

2 comments:

Sky said...

Hey cool Idea, I like the middle sketch the best.
Don't you like the japanese novels, the books are so tiny and thin. And the size is all standardized, every japanese novel has the same proportions.

verdadverde said...

is that Bill with Bill's wine??