Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Guess I'm not City Hall Material

I was asked a few days ago if I would be willing to loan out one of my paintings to hang on the walls of Claremont's city hall. It happened to be the one with the nude in the desert with the 'thing' in the background that was a few posts earlier. This surprised me, considering this is city property and they were cool with blurry-looking nudes. Turns out, they weren't cool with it, when one of the council members toured through our studios to give approvals and said the painting wasn't 'neutral' enough. It would have been a kick to see that hanging in the entrance hall and have it be the first thing you see upon entering, but I guess it doesn't compare to this:



5 comments:

Aye, Ngapa Mudhiya Uth said...

Oh man, that would have been cool. A pictures from burning man nontheless!

amy lucks out said...

That image is so frightening -- as if when you enter city hall, you are going to march right in that woman's mouth and down her gullet.

sophan said...

um that lady looks like rossy odoneal. . .
:)

verdadverde said...

dude i got my ticket I'm going for sho!!!...and I wanna go to LA a couple of weeks earlier to bother you guys and whoever still remembers me over there

Julienne Hsu said...

hey vicky, its me julienne,

whats ur emaiL?

email me at juliennejuto@yahoo.com, i need to send u that pic i told u about.