Monday, August 27, 2007

bad times, good times.



got inspired to do these during an emotional slump of sorts. I don't like how either of them turned out, but I liked the concept of the one with the girl blind folded and tying herself up which I filched from an old college classmate back in michigan. She did an awesome big oil painting of a girl blind folded and tied up looking away which really accurately describes me in a nutshell, despite probably being about her own demons. Art's funny in that way isn't it? I really hope that girl hasn't drunk herself to a lullish stupor due to her depression and instead makes wonderful paintings to channel her energies into. the other one with the dog is a unsuccessful attempt at 3 point perspective, but I like the dog, so I put it up anyway.

1 comment:

verdadverde said...

well they might not be what you ideally would want them too but I find them really interesting nonetheless... the first one is kind of surreal with that background... the second one is really cool and the perspective makes it seem like you're in a strange ambiguous space... there's so much that can be done with perspective wow. I hope your friend hasn't drunk herself retarded by now... I wish the best for her you and everyone else... You can picture me sending out waves like in that painting.. sending and picking them up with my antennae fingers